Thursday 10 September 2009

Whiff of Joy GDT call - 3rd entry

Here is my third entry for the Guest Designer call that Katharina is holding on her blog! It is also my first ever attempt at decorating a candle! Gosh you need nerves of steel to do this! It all came about because I bought my brother's girlfriend a special candle from our holiday and as it is such a tip in our house at the moment because of the building work I decided it would be safer being left in the car......well it melted into a horrible lump! I felt awful about it so had the idea I would make a replacement one for her!

I used the gorgeous Willow catching leaves stamp from the Whiff of Joy autumn collection, stamped and coloured on tissue paper, before melting it onto the candle. I also added some Prima hydrangeas and some gemstones.

I also stamped a Stempelglede flourish in Tattered Rose distress ink for the back of the candle, it isn't showing up very well in the photo unfortunately, next time I think I will use a darker ink!

For the gift box I made a tube of acetate and decorated it with Basic Grey Phoebe paper that I have punched with MS doiley lace punch to give it a pretty edge. For the tag I've used the same image as the candle, added a rectangle of the backing paper, again punched, some leaves and a little rose.

Around the base of the tube I have added lots of flowers, some punched from the backing paper with EK retro punches and some gorgeous mulberry paper roses. The large roses have been sprayed with glimmer mist.

On the top I added two roses, again sprayed with glimmer mist, a huge bow and a trail of punched leaves that just tumbles over the edge to a little flower. I'm pleased to say that she was thrilled with it and plans on keeping it in the box!

Image: Willow catching leaves from Whiff of Joy coloured with copics

Paper: Basic Grey Phoebe

Flowers: Wild Orchid crafts (roses), EK success retro flower punches

Leaves: Woodware punch

Ribbon and gems: from stash

Other tools: Stempelglede grunge flourish hearts collection, Tattered rose distress ink, MS doiley lace punch, heat gun

7 comments:

Rach said...

this is another gorgeous project sweetie. such gorgeous detail.. hugs rachxx

Kathleen said...

Wow...Its beautiful. Lovely image and colouring. Love how you decorated the box. I love to do that but I'm not brave enough to try and attempt the candle.
Kathleen x

Tab said...

Oh I just love your sweet candle, the colours and image are fabulous! You know what them say, 3rd time lucky, so fingers crossed!
Have a fab weekend!
Hugs Tab xxx

cats whiskers said...

I have got to agree with everything Kim has sau=id dear this is just beautiful, you are one talented and inspirational lady hun, I am in awe
Hugs Jacqui x

Juls said...

wow!! this is stunning! you are always so creative!

Janette said...

Stunning candle,am sure she will love it,how could anyone not.....your blog is perfect,a true inspiration.x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, such wonderful details on the gift box.
luv
Debby