Wednesday 6 January 2010

Whiff of Joy challenge - Aqua and Red

Woohoo! The first Whiff of Joy challenge of 2010. Seems like ages since our last challenge. Thank you so much for all your gorgeous entries over the festive period. Do you have snow? Gosh it snowed all day long here yesterday, a rare occurence here on the coast! We had fun making a large snowman (think it is the largest I have ever managed to make around here LOL), snow angels and the obligatory snowball fight! Back to school today for my little boy, bless him, he is only 5 and so didn't want to go back after being able to play all day for such a long time :(. Anyway, we have a colour challenge for you this week, aqua and red, isn't that a gorgeous combination!?
I have used Claude Celebrating Giraffe, coloured with copics. He's great for male birthday cards don't you think? This card was for my Brother in Law's birthday last week. The papers I won in a candy so I'm afraid I cannot tell you the make. They were the only red and aqua papers I had that would fit a male card, I can't quite believe that among all my papers LOL! I have torn all the edges but left them white for some contrast.


The rikrak and gems are from my stash, I don't know about you but I always struggle with embellishments on men's cards, didn't even have any matching buttons for this one!
The sentiment is from the new Happy Mail collection from Whiff of Joy which is being released on Saturday, not long to wait now!!
Hope you can find time to join us. Do pop along and visit the rest of the DT's work, stunning as always! x

4 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card dear as usual!!!! I love this little giraffe
Hugs Jacqui x

Francesca said...

Fantastic card , such a cute image and the papers are fab

Hugs
Francesca

Mina said...

this is one of my very favourite colour combinations Jane and you have used stunningly...gorgeous card
Mina xxx

Victoria said...

Love your card Jane! Claude is so cute!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~