Tuesday 20 October 2015

Magnolia-licious DT - Spooktacular Fun

 Good morning!  Today I'd like to show you my project for our current challenge at Magnolia-icious Challenge, which is 'Spooktacular Fun'.  I've made a Halloween haunted house treat box to hold some sweets.  I created the box from scratch.
 I have used an older Tilda called Wild Tilda - she's all dressed up to go trick or treating!  Diana still has her in the store if you didn't grab her the first time round.  I've painted her with Distress Inks and added some details with a white gel pen.
 I've used the pumpkin die from the Vol 6 Doohickey Kit and inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
 I layered the middle section on 3D tags for added effect.
 The cat is from the Paris Nights die set.  I've folded the tail so that it sits on the ground.
 I have used a scrap of cheesecloth from The Ribbon Girl for a spooky, tattered looking curtain in the wonky window.
 Here's another view of the house showing how the left side is decorated.
 I used the pumpkin Doohickey again but this time used the face cut outs to create Jack 'o' lantern.  The fence is from another Doohickey kit and the cobweb is from the Vol 6 kit.
 The back of the house also features a fence and cobweb.
 I added another Jack 'o' lantern die cut to the rear corner of the house.  Notice how the nose is different to the other one?  You can use all the pieces separately to create different faces - which I think is rather cool!
 The final side of the house features a large cobweb and some more fencing.  I also added a chimney to the roof, which can be used as a handle to lift it up to get to the sweets.

The whole of the longest side of the roof lifts up.
 Now all that remains is for it to be filled with some spooktacular sweets!
 I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Magnolia-licious Challenge this month.  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's spooky creations.


As always Diana is sponsoring with a fabulous prize from the Magnolia-licious store.  Thanks for looking! x


2 comments:

Mayumi said...

Amazint haunted house! And Tilda gives it the perfect amount of sweetness. Love it!

Juliz Design Post said...

This is adorable Jane, I love little Tilda. Must play with these stamps again soon.
Julie x